Visa Transfer

If you are eligible for a transfer to our Academy, your first step is to apply and be accepted.

Flight School M-1 visa holders can freely transfer only during their first six months of study.

To be eligible to transfer to our Academy on a M-1 visa, you must:

  • Currently be a full-time student
  • Intend to be a full-time student at our school
  • Prove that you have the financial resources required for your education and stay in the U.S.
  • Maintain the same educational objective
  • Transfer within the first six months from the date you were admitted to the U.S. to begin your studies or from the date you changed your non-immigrant status to become an M-1 student.

Your transfer application will need to include the following:

  • $500.00 fee paid to Skymates for USCIS processing
  • Passport copy
  • Visa copy
  • 2×2 photo
  • Form I-539 (Admissions will assist you with this application) • Copies of your current and prior I-20 forms
  • Proof of Financial funds to support your flight programs
  • I-94 copy and of your family members, if applicable

Submit directly to:

Students needing to transfer after six months of study may be eligible only if you can show all of the following:

  • You have maintained your non-immigrant, student status for the past six months
  • You are unable to continue at your school due to circumstances beyond your control
  • You are still capable of supporting yourself financially, and
  • You plan to be a full-time student at the new school.

If your transfer is after six months of study, a written statement by you showing that your reasons for needing to transfer are beyond your control, that you have maintained valid student status for the previous six months and that you can still support yourself financially. Include any evidence proving your statements.

If you wish to change your non-immigrant Visa status to become a M-1 Student contact admissions directly at:

Transferring to Another School

Change my Visa type